MOL runs, but disk is locked?

Ken Grunke mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 01:46:03 -0600

Joe Villari replied:

>You probably have your HFS MAC partion mounted. As root:
>
>umount /dev/hda9 [or whatever your MAC OS partion is, the one you
>made rw in molrc]
>
>hen startmol and your you should be fine.
>
>This worked for me
>
>Joe

I tried that, and the disk was already unmounted, or it just didn't work.
Then I tried booting into MacOS to change the startup disk, but that didn't
work either.
So I still can't write to the Mac disk in MOL, meaning I can't save or do
anything except read. Kinda takes the fun out of it all :-(

Another issue is I have two identical HD icons for the MacOS partition.
What's up there, anyways?

thanks!

Ken

P. S. I don't know how my original post ended up under Christian's thread, I
thought I was starting a new one! This list seems kinda quirky that way.