Re: MOL Clock Drift Bug

Subject: Re: MOL Clock Drift Bug
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 12:27:01 MST

on 2/5/02 10:41 AM, jeglin@4pi.com purportedly said:

>> I searched the archives but I couldn't determine if anyone found a solution
>> to the clock drift bug. Unfortunately, using the Mac OS NTP sync feature
>> doesn't cut the mustard since you can't sync more often than once every 12
>> hours, unless you plan to do it manually.
>>
>> Perhaps there is a workaround?
>
> I doubt this will be helpful to you, but here is my current
> contribution to what I call the clock slowdown issue:
>
> <http://lists.linuxppc.org/mol-general/200201/msg00055.html>
>

> Stefan Jeglinski
>

> P.S. to list: Am I wrong, or is MOL simply no longer maintained/developed?

Actually, I misdiagnosed the problem. What is actually happening is that
anytime the computer goes to sleep, when it wakes, the time set to an
ungodly point in the future--30 odd years and some different time. I wasn't
looking at the date, or noticing that it only seems to occur after sleep.
Setting monitor sleep only in energy saver seems to correct this.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.