MOL damaged 8-bit video

Subject: MOL damaged 8-bit video
From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 23:45:15 MST

I ran the command "molvconfig" after I installed mol, and successfully
selected a bunch of good video modes, but a number of them didn't work.

Now if my Mac is in 8-bit video, running either Mac OS or Linux, I have
a bunch of 1-pixel wide vertical lines all across the screen. Also the
hardware cursor is screwed up, and sometimes the video gets snowy for a
few seconds and then clears up.

This persists even if I power off the Mac or zap the pram.

Is this something I can fix or is my video hardware damaged?

It works fine in 16-bit or 32-bit depth. In the Mac OS I can use the
control strip to change the depth and the lines appear in 8-bit, then
disappear with the other depths.

I am using an 8500 with 2 MB of video ram. This has onboard video,
there is no video card. Also I have a powerlogix G4 CPU upgrade
installed.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford