What do all these error messages mean?

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:16:59 +0200

Hi Stefan,

It means that the symbols are already properly included in the modules. I'm
no programmer but as I understand it, the symbols tell the kernel where
these low level commands came from and what to do with them.  This insures
that if, between kernel versions some important subroutine gets changed,
that something screwy doesn't happen. Someone please correct me if that's
wrong.

I just noticed that you are using kernel version 2.4.18-0.8a but mol seems
to be trying to load 2.4.9 (your 1st email).

Try:

ls  /usr/lib/mol/0.9.63/modules/2.4.18-0.8a

Does it exist?

I remember reading somewhere that startmol -a allows for SMALL mismatches
between the kernel and module versions. Maybe 2.4.9 and 2.4.18-0.8a is too
big a jump.

But before you try recompiling anything, try changing the HFS section in
your /etc/molrc to something like:

#this will boot from your Mac OS 9 disk
blkdev: 	/dev/hda10 	-rw
blkdev: 	/dev/hda11 	-rw
blkdev: 	/dev/hda12 	-rw
blkdev: 	/dev/hda13 	-rw

and comment out the following lines:
#blkdev: 	/dev/sda
#blkdev: 	/dev/hdb
#blkdev: 	/dev/sdb

If you switch the order of the lines:

blkdev: 	/dev/hda11 	-rw
blkdev: 	/dev/hda10 	-rw

then mol will boot from your NET UTI partition.

John