RVEC Internal Error 700

Marcio Luis Teixeira mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:43:03 -0600

On Monday 08 July 2002 05:11 am, samuel@ibrium.se wrote:

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was out of town this week.

> So the 603 support code really works (the 3400c is 603e based, right?).

Yes. The 3400c has a 603ev and the new code works great with it. This is =
the=20
first version of MOL I've actually been able to run on my PowerBook.

> Hmm... This sounds like a problem with the framebuffer.
> Does molvconfig work?

Yes, I think it does. When I select a video mode, I see a dark screen wit=
h a=20
blue to black gradient on it. Is this what I am supposed to see? I can th=
en=20
type "y" to accept. I thought it was a little strange that all I see is t=
he=20
gradient though -- I would have expected some text telling me to press "y=
"
to continue.

> What happens if you disable x-video and
> start in full-screen mode from the console?

The screen first goes totally white, then MacOS draws the little
rounded corners on the screen. The machines then freezes and
stays that way.

Apparently it doesn't matter whether I switch into console mode
or whether I start that way. MOL is only able to draw the screen
once before the machine freezes.

Could this not be related to the framebuffer, but rather to the
input devices? I'm wondering if MOL is freezing when it tries to
draw the mouse cursor. Is there anything I could do to test this
hypothesis?

Marcio Luis Teixeira