MOL-0.9.64 available

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:25:15 +0200

MOL-0.9.64 is available for download. For now, it is only
available as a source tar/source RPM. The usual set of
binaries will be available on Sunday.

It will be a couple of days before 0.9.64 will be
linked from the download page (I'm working from my laptop and
I can't update the www pages from here). The 0.9.64 version is
in the FTP archive though (there is a link from the download page).

The changes in brief:

* 603 support.

	Hopefully, MOL now support the 603. I haven't tested this
	completely though. I debugged this mode by letting MOL run linux
	in 603 mode and then start mol in the MOL/linux session. At
	least the 'startmol --test' works...

* Network autoconfiguraiton

	MOL now autoconfigures tun networking (no more
	masquerading headache). Moreover, both the tun driver
	and the tap driver is bundled with MOL. Networking
	ought to function out-of-the-box on most 2.4 setups.

	A DHCP server is also started to simplify the MacOS
	side configuration.

* Module autoloading

	It is now possible to start mol as an ordinary user
	even if no kernel modules are loaded. Username based
	authentication has also been added.

* New config system

	A directory, /etc/mol, is now used instead of /etc/molrc.
	It is a lot easier to configure multiple sessions.

* Linux support

	MOL can now boot linux. I've successfully installed
	and run Debian on it. A special kernel must be used though.

Cheers,

/Samuel