question

Marcio Luis Teixeira mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 04:56:21 -0600

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. This message isn't
very clear. For one, it does not appear as if you are running
"Mac On Linux," which is a program that lets you run MacOS inside
a window from Linux. I'm betting that what you have is a Mac that
has MacOS installed on one disk partition and Linux installed on
the other. To change operating systems, you are probably
rebooting your machine and selecting the operating system at
startup. Is this correct?

Your question seems to be related to LinuxPPC in
particular, not to "Mac On Linux". If this is so, than
"mol-general" is not the correct mailing list for it. You
might consider exploring this mailing list instead:

  http://lists.linuxppc.org

Another advice I have for you is that you word the problem
more clearly before posting the question. Right now I'm
having difficulties understanding what you mean by
"neverending background" and that your control bar goes
on "for a while". Do you mean that parts of the desktop fall
off the edge of your screen, so that parts of it are not
visible? If so, here are some possibilities:

   1) Adjust your monitor settings. Your monitor either has
      individual buttons for adjusting the image (such as
      shrinking or stretching it) or it has an onscreen menu
      (check your monitor's user guide).

   2) Your video configuration for Linux is incorrect. You
       will need to run "Xconfigurator" to correct it.

In general, if the image is legible, it's likely that doing the first
will solve the problem. Generally, if you had a video configuration
problem I would expect the image to be totally illegible, and it
does not seem like you are having that problem.

Hope this helps, or at least leads you in the right direction.

Marcio Luis Teixeira