Performa 6400 with MacOS 9, new- or oldworld?

Kin Wong mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

I am confused about using newworld versus oldworld
boot.

I have installed YellowDogLinux on my Performa 6400/180 PPC603e. The mac parttion has MacOS 9.0.4 installed.

I can't boot MOL using either newworld our oldworld.
With newworld, MOL complains that there is no ROM file.
(There is no ROM file in the system folder even though I am
 running MacOS 9 ?)
With oldworld, I couldn't make it boot using any of the oftree files
included with the package. (The FAQ did mention that oldworld should not be used with versions of MacOS newer than 8.5)

So how to make it work on my system?
Any help is appreciated.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com