Kernel Panic on startup

Wyatt Anderson mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:06:54 -0600

When I start MOL the standard way (startmol as root), it loads everything
just fine until it gets to "Mapping GC at 80800000" and then the system jus=
plain stops. I'm assuming its a kernel panic, but it might be something
else. It doesn=B9t respond to anything, even control-command-power, so the
only way to get out of it is to power down the machine (PowerMac 4400) and
start it again. I have it set up using newworld ROM, with 45MB of RAM
allocated. I recompiled the kernel as well. Is there a fix to this problem?
--=20
Wyatt Anderson
wyatt@wyattanderson.com