Can't Install MOL

Joseph De Salvo mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:37:47 -0400

Hi,

Running Linux Mandrake PPC 8.2. It comes with the .9.60 versions of kmods and
mol. After setting video with molvconfig and editing the molrc to point to
correct pararmeters of my machine (G4, 450), mol loads but the video, while
sharp is green--it's as if there's a green filter installed on my monitor.

Monitor is Apple Studio Display 17''.

Tried using more recent mol-kmods and mol--.9.62 and .9.63, but installing
them through the package manager and well as building them from source always
yields the same response:

"error: unpacking of archive failed on file /dev/sheep_net: cpio: rename
failed. Operation not permitted."

Have no idea what that means, so I'm stumped here. Any suggestions?

(Previous versions of mol under Mandrake Linux 8.0 worked perfectly for me on
same machine/with same parameters.)

Thanks,
J.