Serial port bridge

Marianne Manz mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:30:29 +0100

> If you run netatalk on the linux machine, then you can use PAP to export
> that printer in linux to the MOL session through appletalk.  Or perhaps
> simpler, run a printer daemon and do it over tcp/ip between the two.  The
> easiest way is to setup a postscript printer in MOL and then copy the
> postscript to linux [an appleshare partition?] and print from there.

Hi, Quentin!
Thanks for your ideas, but, to be honest, I understood only half of it.
It was the half that made me install netatalk, which works fine, now.
But I am not quite sure, what to do next. I probably have to set up a
printer in mol, but which? I'm using a HP-500 compatible printer over
the serial port. Or is there anything like "print-to-ps"?
The printer driver I'm using under MacOS can write a .pcl-File unto a
Linux-Partition over Appletalk. But how can I process it?
Thanks for your help,
Marianne