Clock Drift

Alban Fellows mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 18:41:48 +0100

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 12:35, you wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 08:25:40PM +0100, Alban Fellows wrote:
> > I have noticed since upgrading mol to 0.9.62 that my clock keeps getting
> > messed up. Searching these lists it looks like other users have a similar
> > problem, so I thought I would add my observations.
> >
> > Power Mac G4 733
> > MOL 0.9.62
> > MacOS 9.2.2
> >
> > Clock appears to run at almost 3 times proper speed.
> > The clock GAINS 1m 40s per minute
> > i.e. The clock advances 1 minute in just 23 seconds.
>
> Which version of MOL did you run before you upgraded?

I think it was 0.9.59 or 60

> You could try the timer calibration fix I pushed
> to the source tree a few minutes ago (available
> via rsync from zorn.theophys.kth.se::mol) and
> see if that helps.

I have since managed to get the bitkeeper clone to build on my machine (for
some reason 2 of the system headers were both declaring true and false but
the checks around the defines to prevent multiple declarations were not
compatible with each other. Wierd.

So I am now running 0.9.63 from the bk tree as of a couple of days ago.
I have also disabled the sleep options and the clock seems to be correct now.

Thanks for investigating.

Alban