YDL 2.2 and MOL

Derrik Pates mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 2 May 2002 09:36:50 -0600

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:13:53PM +0100, Martin Spenceley wrote:
> I'm using YDL 2.2 on my iBook 2.
>
> I've tried to run MOL from the bundled version 60 and from the latest
> download 0.9.63-1.
> All I appear to get is the initial Mac startup screen with the smug
> happy Mac staring back at me!
> The CPU load hits 100% and that's it, nothing else even after 10 minutes
> or so!
>
> I'm using Mac OS 9.2.2 on the same disk as my Mac OS X.
>
> Any ideas?

You booted into MacOS X last, didn't you? You won't be able to boot OS 9
via MoL again until you boot OS X, and bless your OS 9 System folder
(via Startup Disk). The Mac OS ROM is trying to load System and Finder,
but it doesn't understand the OS X Finder and System, and so will
quickly peg your CPU as it gets stuck and confused.

If you have an OS 9.2.1 CD, put it in, and add a line (temporarily)
like:

   blkdev: /dev/cdrom -cd -boot

then start MoL. It'll boot from the CD, you can bless your OS 9.2.2
System folder (via the Startup Disk control panel). Then exit, remove
the line you added to your molrc, then start MoL again. You should be
good to go then, and without a single reboot.

--
Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN