mac-on-linux freeze (probably connected to sheep module)

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 6 May 2002 11:49:02 +0200

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 09:24:38PM -0400, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
> >I just found and
> >corrected a bug which could make virtual memory unstable.
>
> Can this be rsynced yet or only via bk?

It is available via rsync. I think the rync.penguinppc.org round
robin servers are updated about once a day from the master (but
it might be more frequently).

I'd be interested in hearing if this fix indeed solves
the problem (the bug was introduced in 0.9.56).

Btw. I've added some support for booting Linux inside MOL.
There is native block driver yet, but one can get a
shell prompt if one does something like

	startmol --linux=/tmp/vmlinuz

with the following lines in /etc/molrc:

	linux_initrd:	/tmp/ramdisk.image.gz
	linux_cmdline:	'ramdisk_size=10000 boot=/dev/ram0 init=/bin/sh'

It should work with any 2.2 or 2.4 kernel. The video mode must be
set to depth 32 though.

Cheers,

/Samuel