booting Linux inside MOL (was RE: mac-on-linux freeze)

Keary Suska mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 06 May 2002 12:54:19 -0600

on 5/6/02 3:49 AM, samuel@ibrium.se purportedly said:

> Btw. I've added some support for booting Linux inside MOL.
> There is native block driver yet, but one can get a
> shell prompt if one does something like
>
> startmol --linux=/tmp/vmlinuz
>
> with the following lines in /etc/molrc:
>
> linux_initrd: /tmp/ramdisk.image.gz
> linux_cmdline: 'ramdisk_size=10000 boot=/dev/ram0 init=/bin/sh'
>
> It should work with any 2.2 or 2.4 kernel. The video mode must be
> set to depth 32 though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Samuel

I don't understand what this exactly accomplishes--does this mean that we
can now boot into MOL without first booting into Linux, and then boot into
Linux at some later point if we so choose?

Thanks for any clarification.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.