mol-0.9.63-1 & ydl 2.1: Clock Problem

Bob Beaton mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
08 May 2002 10:28:41 -0400

Hi,

I'm still having problems with the Mac OS clock losing significant
amounts of time under MOL. I've installed the latest MOL rpm on a G3 B&W
running YDL 2.1 (with latest Terrasoft and Ximain Rad Carpet updates).

When MOL is running in a foreground virtual desktop window, the clock
seems to keep much better time (that is, it stays in sync with the Linux
clock) than it did in previous MOL versions. However, when I switch
virtual desktop workspaces for any significant amount of time (meaning
more than an hour) and then switch back to the desktop containing the
MOL window, the Mac OS clock is well behind time.

I have not tested this problem and I have not researched the list
archives for answers or updates. Sorry, but like the MOL clock, I'm
running well behind time on other projects right now.

Is there a pointer to a fix for this continuing issue? If not, is there
any effort directed at or planned to be directed at a solution to it? As
with previous comments about the issue, the lack of accurate Mac OS
timekeeping under MOL seems like a critical and limiting problem for
this otherwise wonderful application.

Thanks,
Bob