Can't find valid Appletalk network

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 14:03:08 -0400

I'm running Linux/PPC (kernel 2.2.18-4hpmac) and MOL 0.9.60, and have
been trying sporadically for about a month to get networking to work
in MOL, with no success to date.  I tried to set up the tap
interface, but then realized I don't need it, so decided to try the
standard approach.

First off, do I need netatalk running in order to use appletalk from
MOL (havn't been able to get that running either)?  When I try to
open the TCP/IP or Appletalk control panels, it says I need appletalk
enabled, but I can't because it can't find a network.  I have added
the line

netdev: eth0 -sheep

to my molrc, as instructed in the online docs.  I haven't been able
to find any mention of similar problems and whether netatalk is
necessary in the list archives, FAQ, etc., but if I missed it, let me
know. :^)

Also, (checked for this in the archives, too) my sound keeps breaking
- it works fine until I run an application.  Not all Applications
affect it, however - most control panels work fine.

NRH
--

-----------no micro$oft allowed------------

Buy a Mac and Use GNU/Linux; Annoy Bill Gates Twice!