On the subject of freezes in MOL

Ove Edlund mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 10 May 2002 14:08:47 +0200

I wrote:
>Samuel wrote:
>>Are you using the NewWorld booting mechanism? I think the oldworld
>>ROM of the 7600 is supported but oldworld booting is something
>>to avoid whenever possible.
>
>I have tried both. The built in ROM in 7600 also gives the freeze, and it
>really sucks to not have the dozing ability of the G3 when you are used to
>it. I am mostly using NewWorld ROM v.1.6 with MacOS 8.6.
>
>>Also, make sure the "Mac OS ROM" file corresponds to the MacOS
>>version you are running. It is probably a good idea to install MacOS
>>from within MOL (in particular on the 7600 since the MacOS
>>ROM file is not installed otherwise).
>
>I have tried to install system 9.<something> from within MOL with NewWorld
>settings, thinking that it would solve the problem, but it did not. It was
>a while since I did that though and I don't remember the details of what
>happened. If I get time I can try again.

Well ... (hmmm) ... I tried to install systems 9.[0,1,2] from within MOL.
They all work fine. The system is as stable as can be. SHIT!!! I wonder
what I did wrong the last time? I am sorry about the noice! Apart from
feeling stupid I am in fact a very happy guy right now.

Just for the record, I then tried to boot from the built in ROM into MacOS
8.6 to examine the freeze issue, but that threw me into the Linux debugger.
This is with mol-0.9.64-pre<something>.

Cheers
Ove

Ove Edlund			Tel: 0920 - 491511
Institutionen f=F6r matematik		E-post: ove.edlund@sm.luth.se
Lule=E5 tekniska universitet		Tj=E4nsterum: A3448