HFS+ volumes under Linux?

Derrik Pates mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 10:35:53 -0600

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 04:03:33PM +0200, Alexander Schrieken wrote:
> I've recently installed SuSE Linux on my PowerMac
> 7200. Now I'd like to mount the MacOS partitions
> (HFS+) of the HD, so I can access my data.
>
> Is this possible in Linux, and if so, how do I go
> about it?

You can install the HFS+ tools for (read only) access to HFS+
partitions. There's a kernel module in development to read HFS+
filesystems, but it's still pretty early in development. Look through
your available packages for 'hfsplus' or 'hfsplus-utils' or something
else to that effect (I use Debian, so I don't really know what the SuSE
equivalent would be).

--
Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN