(no subject)

page comstock mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 13 May 2002 17:03:09 -0500

hello everyone, i just signed up.
i am needing help with an install problem.
i have a new iBook - G3 600mhz, 256mb ram, 20gb hdd, etc...
anyway, i have tried to install YDL and MandrakePPC with no luck, it tells
me "no hard disks found".
i have repartitioned it 3 times now. i made 2 partitions, the first one
being 3gb for linux. i set it as "free space". that didn't work. the second
time i set it as unallocated (as it says to do in the YDL guide). failed.
and the last time i set the partition to AU/X Root as someone suggested from
another list. everytime it said it didnt find my hdd, however i can load OS
9.2 and OS X and it boots up fine, there doesnt seem to physically be a hdd
problem. any ideas?

My little hole in the net:  wurmy.dhs.org
"I coulda lied I'm such a fool my eyes could never never never keep their
cool. I showed her and I told her how she struck me but I'm fucked up
now...."
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- "Could have lied"