MOL with OSX on UFS

Yak Mandango mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 02:58:59 -0500

I'm trying MOL with 2.4.20-ac1-ben0 on my second-generation TiBook.  The compile and video configuration were smooth.  Now I'm having problems starting OSX.

I've got OSX on a UFS partition.  I haven't found a way to load mach_kernel from the UFS partition, so I put the file in a loopback ext2.  I identified it as a blkdev and then issued startmol --osx.  It loaded fine, gave me a white screen with the MOL logo, and waited there.

I'm not sure what to try next; I'm not sure what it's waiting for.  Mach and MOL are new to me.  Maybe I can pass a root= option to mach, or a mount option to mol for ufs and -o ufstype=44bsd .

Does anyone have a suggestion for this quick fix?
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116