Problems with sound

Jamie Maynard mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:26:12 +0100

Hi All

Thought I would shed some light on this subject.  The simple reason is as
the first guy said.  The ArTs Sound Server is using this /dev/dsp device.
MOL sadly doesn't support arts at this stage so you need to use the wrapper
(artsdsp) when you use MOL under KDE.

So on the command line you would type:

# artsdsp startmol

Then it will boot as per normal but all sound will be routed via MOL.

Jamie

P.S.  Samuel Please can we have arts support under MOL soon.. Please!! *G*