Recompile Problems Steps 14-16

Jamie Maynard mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 19:46:20 +0200

I wasn't going to respond to any MOL List stuff this early in the evening
but as this post made me laugh I felt very compelled to respond quickly.
Though my Girlfriend just shouted behind me that she agrees with you, Linux
is a Hoax ;)

OK your new System.map and vmlinux files will be in to top level of the
kernel tree your using and they should quite simply be called vmlinux and
System.map no version numbers or special stuffs.  So if your kernel tree was
linked to /usr/src/linux the files your looking for will be in
/usr/src/linux *G*

The yaboot thing is a little more difficult I think.  If your using
YellowDog as it should be installed on your disk, weather you know it or not
you should be using yaboot to boot your System.

Your yaboot.conf file will be located in /etc/ and it is very self
explanatory when you open it.  There is also a very good man page if you
type "man yaboot.conf"  Once you have edited the file all you need do is run
"/usr/sbin/ybin" or "/usr/sbin/ybin -v" (to see a little more detail and the
classic message "Blessing /dev/hdaXX with Holy Penguin Pee)

I hope this helps answer your questions a little bit.

Jamie