Installing MacOS X

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:33:04 +0200

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 01:10:47AM +1000, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Firstly, I had problems with the OSX install cd, because it has a
> partition table on it (it could not even load the mach kernel). But I
> extracted out the HFS+ partition using dd, and ran hpfsck on the file to
> make sure it was good. This passed:
> Now, I have in my /etc/mol/molrc.osx:
>
> blkdev: /mnt/disks/macosx_boot_cd -ro -boot
> blkdev: /mnt/disks/macosx -rw
>
> When I startmol, the Darwin Kernel Panics. On the console, it tells me:
>
> panic (cpu 0) : unable to find driver for this platform "AAPL,MOL"

There is OS X CD-booting support in the BK tree. I've also implemented
automatic boot disk detection.

Note: those who are already running from the BK tree should do
a 'make libimport' after pulling the latest changes in order to
get an updated copy of the mol-bootx binary.

I haven't tried it myself (I'm restricted to my laptop at the moment), but I
have had a reports that installing MacOS X from within MOL works.

Cheers,

/Samuel