MOL 9.65 and keyboard issue

Christian Boily mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:03:31 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Andreas and Christophe,

(sorry to reply this way - i can not reply to the mailing list for some
reason, no time to figure out ..)

thank you for your solution, it is indeed working as you described: i
pressed the ctrl key once after returning to mac OS,  and all is fine.

(ch.: i meant mac OS 10.1.5 and not mac OS 1.5 in my original mail.)

hopefully others will have found this solution useful, i certainly do.

great, thanks again, christian b.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:24:59PM +0200, Christian Boily wrote:

> Hello, i have had a strange problem which i saw mentioned elsewhere in
> this mailing list but without solution. i'll try my luck -
>
> i installed mol 9.65 on a TiBook running YDL 2.2 ; the launch with
options
> --osx and --config=v  got it going, it works great with OS X 1.5 in full
> screen, lovely stuff.

What is OS X 1.5 ?

> here's the catch: if i switch back to linux using ctrl - alt - f7 or f8
> (to go back and forth)
> i recover my linux session, as desired, but when i return mol to the
> foreground, the
> keyboard (map) is messed up, so that i can't type anything in a Darwin
> shell, plus
> the dock functions don't respond like they should (they won't run
> basically). luckily
> the buttons in the menu bar are working: when i log out the keyboard is
> fine once more, ie i can now log in again and OS X runs fine. that's why
> suspect some kind
> of mapping is lost when i put OS X in background/foreground mode.  any
> idea what i am doing wrong?

I am not sure if your description match what I have but for me the
problem is with the CTRL key. I press it when switching fron macos to
X and macos miss the release event of it. So when I come back to macos,
it still consider the CTRL key pressed. I can no more type in a shell
and when I click on an icon I get the contextual menu. The fix is to
simply press and release the CTRL key again and everything get back to
normal.

Christophe

Christian Boily                  Tel.:  work: +33-(0)3.90.24.24.36
Observatoire astronomique               home:
11, rue de l'Universite          FAX :        +33-(0)3.90.24.24.17
Strasbourg F-67000               e-mail cmb@astro.u-strasbg.fr
France                url http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~s17