XDarwin under MOL

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:08:36 +0200

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:25:06AM -0500, Rob Latham wrote:
> here's what XDarwin.app says when i run it from the terminal:
> 2002-10-16 16:15:43.036 XDarwin[306]
> XDarwin 1.1.0.1
> Keymapping file '/System/Library/Keyboards/USA.keymapping' did not
> contain appropriate keyboard interface.
> Reverting to kernel keymapping.
>
> Fatal server error:
> Could not get kernel keymapping! Load keymapping from file instead.
>
>    OsVendorFatalError
>    AbortDDX
> Quitting XDarwin...

Hmm... apparently there is some problem with XDarwin figuring out
the keymapping. I'm not sure how the keymapping stuff is supposed
to work. At the moment, the MOL keyboard is more or less an ADB keyboard.
The OSX driver contains a keymapping table which is essentially based
upon the ADB one.

The simplest thing to resolve this issue is probably looking at
the XFree86 source...

/Samuel