Trying to start MOL on YDL 2.3

Marc Stergionis mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:50:16 -0700

--============_-1176262678==_ma============

I'm running YDL 2.3 on an 8600. It has two separate hard drives, one
for YDL, one for OS 9.1. I just ran all the MOL configs and then
"startmol"

I get this:

Searching /dev/sda6 for a 'Mac OS ROM' file
/dev/sda6: No 'Mac OS ROM file' found

Searching images/moldisk.im for a 'Mac OS ROM' file
images/moldisk.im:  No 'Mac OS ROM' file  found

--No bootable disk found--
No newworld ROM was found
cleaning up...
Terminating threads...
DONE

The way I'm reading the MOL site, though, it seemed to say OS 9.1
does not need a ROM file, even though the 8600 is Old World?

I have run YDL's updating system, so  that I am at MOL 0.9.60-5b.

I ran fdisk to find out which partition Mac OS 9.1 is on, and it's
definitely /dev/sda6.

If I do need a ROM file, where do I get it, and where do I put it (on
the Mac OS drive, or something)?

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Trying to start MOL on YDL
YDL 2.3 on an 8600. It has two separate hard drives, one<br>
for YDL, one for OS 9.1. I just ran all the MOL configs and then<br>
&quot;startmol&quot;<br>
I get this:<br>
Searching /dev/sda6 for a 'Mac OS ROM' file<br>
/dev/sda6: No 'Mac OS ROM file' found<br>
Searching images/moldisk.im for a 'Mac OS ROM' file<br>
images/moldisk.im:&nbsp; No 'Mac OS ROM' file&nbsp; found<br>
--No bootable disk found--<br>
No newworld ROM was found<br>
cleaning up...<br>
Terminating threads...<br>
DONE<br>
The way I'm reading the MOL site, though, it seemed to say OS 9.1<br>
does not need a ROM file, even though the 8600 is Old
World?</font></div>
0.9.60-5b.</div>
it's definitely /dev/sda6.</div>
(on the Mac OS drive, or something)?</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
Marc Stergionis<br>
Community Relations &amp; website author<br>
Benefis Healthcare -- http://www.benefis.org<br>
&quot;Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my
employer&quot;</div>