Trying to start MOL on YDL 2.3

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:14:11 +0100

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 07:50:16PM -0700, Marc Stergionis wrote:
> I'm running YDL 2.3 on an 8600. It has two separate hard drives, one
> for YDL, one for OS 9.1. I just ran all the MOL configs and then
> "startmol"
>
> I get this:
>
> Searching /dev/sda6 for a 'Mac OS ROM' file
> /dev/sda6: No 'Mac OS ROM file' found
>
> Searching images/moldisk.im for a 'Mac OS ROM' file
> images/moldisk.im:  No 'Mac OS ROM' file  found
>
> --No bootable disk found--
> No newworld ROM was found
> cleaning up...
> Terminating threads...
> DONE
>
> The way I'm reading the MOL site, though, it seemed to say OS 9.1
> does not need a ROM file, even though the 8600 is Old World?

No, you don't need a ROM file (as in image of a physical ROM).
However, you do need the 'Mac OS ROM' file from a MacOS 9.1 system
(this file reside in the System Foler and is only installed on
newworld machines).

Either install MacOS from within MOL (recommended; the MacOS ROM
file will be installed too) or extract the Mac OS ROM file from
the MacOS installer (using TomeViewer) and put it in the System Folder.

Cheers,

/Samuel