networking on the mac side

marco mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:09:15 -0500

Le Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:10:02 +0100
Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se> écrivait :

> > Ethernet Interface (port 1) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
> > Ethernet Interface (port 2) 'tun-<tun1>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE
> > Ethernet Interface (port 3) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
> >
> Hmm... it appears you have 'netdev: eth0 -sheep' twice in
> your molrc.net file. You don't want that (sheep_net might
> malfunction, although this is apparantly not your problem).

No there is only one. The only 2 lines uncommented are :
                netdev:         eth0 -sheep
                netdev:         tun0 -tun
I looked in every molrc files in /etc/mol and it appears just one time.

> > And when I try the second interface ("2" on mac side)
> > with dhcp --- my dhcp server serve me an IP address only if MOL is
> > running. He says to put a subnet declaration for tun1.
> >
> > tun1 provide a 192.168.2.*  address
> > tun2 provide a 192.168.3.*  address
>
> This is the cause of the error. You DON'T want the tun
> network and your local (eth0) network to be on the same
> subnet. The default /etc/mol/tunconfig script uses the algorithm
> tunN -> 192.168.<N>+1.*. Thus if you use tun0 instead of tun1,
> then there won't be a conflict.

ok but with tun2 it wasn't conflicting... whatever...
Now it seems like there is no masquerade. I can ping only the linux-side
of the box. No more local network. No internet.

--
marco