networking on the mac side

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:58:36 +0100

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:09:15AM -0500, marco wrote:
> Le Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:10:02 +0100
> Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se> écrivait :
> > > Ethernet Interface (port 1) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
> > > Ethernet Interface (port 2) 'tun-<tun1>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE
> > > Ethernet Interface (port 3) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
> > >
> > Hmm... it appears you have 'netdev: eth0 -sheep' twice in
> > your molrc.net file. You don't want that (sheep_net might
> > malfunction, although this is apparantly not your problem).
>
> No there is only one. The only 2 lines uncommented are :
>                 netdev:         eth0 -sheep
>                 netdev:         tun0 -tun
> I looked in every molrc files in /etc/mol and it appears just one time.

Are you *sure*. There could of course be a bug in the parsing of
the molrc files but I really doubt that. The default molrc.net file
configures networking through

	ifeq ${boot_type} newworld oldworld {
		netdev: eth0 -sheep
	}
	netdev: tun${session} -tun

> ok but with tun2 it wasn't conflicting... whatever...
> Now it seems like there is no masquerade. I can ping only the linux-side
> of the box. No more local network. No internet.

Are you using the tunconfig script accompanying MOL? If you installed
MOL from the tar (or BK tree), make sure you copy the Doc/config/*
files to /etc/molrc since any old config files are preserved and not
automatically overwritten.

Btw. which version of MOL are you using? You need a reasonable
recent one.

/Samuel