i got to start mol... almost. No rom image

Jorge mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:20:35 +0100

Samuel Rydh wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:03:45PM +0100, Jorge wrote:
>
>>hi, i have get to do this, i didn't know i had to have a rom image.
>>

> You are probably using an oldworld machine.

i'm usin a beige pmac, PowerPC G3 300Mhz, machine ID 501, 385 Mb RAM,

my debian partition:
S.ficheros           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Montado en
/dev/hda6              3096336   1929536   1009516  66% /
proc                         0         0         0   -  /proc
devpts                       0         0         0   -  /dev/pts
/dev/hda7              4210268    276312   3720080   7% /mnt/hda7
also have macos partitions at
/hda8 trough /hda11

The 'Mac OS ROM' file is
> not installed in the System Folder on those... Either
>
> i) boot from the MacOS install CD and  install MacOS from within MOL
> (recommended!), or
do i have to mount the cdrom to mnt/cdrom and then boot startmol?
Would it make to crash my macOS partitión wich i use daily for work?

> ii) extract the 'MacOS ROM' file from the installer using
>  TomeViewer (it is **important** that the version of the MacOS ROM file
>  corresponds to the MacOS version. If there is a mismatch MacOS will
>  be buggy/refuse to start).

will this option let mi use the macOS that i'm actually usin?

> /Samuel

tx in advance
jorge