errors

Arch & Cath mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:01:50 -0400

on 9/2/02 6:10 AM, samuel@ibrium.se at samuel@ibrium.se wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:41:29AM +0200, Francois Taiani wrote:
>> I don't know since when mol relies on automake/autoconf, but 0.9.60
>> since to be out-of-date in that matter. Did you try a more recent
>> version ? (0.9.64 should be the current one.)
>
> I think Simon wants to run MOL on a 601 machine. Unfortunately,
> MOL no longer supports the 601 (the 601 lacks certain hardware features
> MOL makes use of). I'm not completely sure which version was the
> last one that did work on the 601, but I think it is 0.9.58.
>
> Unfortunately, it might be a bit complicated to get even 0.9.58 working.
> For one thing, it is (if I rememeber right) incompatible with 2.4
> kernels. It might be incompatible with recent 2.2 kernels too; I really
> don't know for sure.
>
> /Samuel

With the multitudinous problems I am having getting MOL to work, I am now
wondering if my computer configuration may be a problem.

I am using a Power Computing, Power Tower which originally had a 604
processor.  I replaced the 604 with a Newer Technology Power PC G3 266MHz
card and am operating under Moc OS 9.0.4.  I also have an Adaptec Power
Domain 2940UW Fast & Wide SCSI card with 9GB, 4GB, 2GB and ZIP installed.
Linux uses the 2GB drive.  molrc selects G3 neworld.  Are there any other
settings that should be set in molrc because of my hardware?  Will this
work?

Arch