MOL Compiling

Arch & Cath mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 11:43:11 -0400

Per ur suggestions, I moved everything into /usr/src and unpacked the tar
for mol-kmods.  After a few more missteps, got ./configure to work.  Then I
tried "make modules" and got:

[root@bgp605554bgs src]# cd mol-kmods-0.9.64
[root@bgp605554bgs mol-kmods-0.9.64]# make modules
Making all in Linux
 Kernel headers:          /usr/src/linux/include
 Module compiled for:     2.4.19-pre9-ben0
 Running kernel:          2.4.19-4a
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/module.h:21,
                 from molsymglue.c:22:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1: #error Modules should never use
kernel-headers system
headers,
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2: #error but headers from an appropriate
kernel-source
make[3]: *** [molsymglue.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules_] Error 2
make: *** [modules] Error 2
[root@bgp605554bgs mol-kmods-0.9.64]#

I am really confused now.  My system has a kernel-headers installed but I
can't find the source (cd-rom, Yellow Dog sites) for it to put in /usr/src.
Where have my headers gone?

Arch