MOL Compiling

Francois Taiani mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:09:38 +0200

Hi Arch,

I also had to fight a little with my headers: that's a laborious task...
  But a rewarding one, once it works! But to the point: it's extremely
important (at least it was for me) that you compile mol with the kernel
headers of the kernel your're going to use mol with. I think I dimmly
remember that a part of the kernel headers is generated at compile time,
and strongly depends on many things, so that the probability that some
headers found on the web correspond to your kernel are very low. The
only solution I found was to compile a brand new kernel (as weird as it
sound, that's a quite common task. There's a very helpful howto on it,
if you haven't done it already), install it, and use exactly the headers
resulting from the compilation for it.

I'm not sure your problem is directly connected to that, but maybe it
can help.

Cheers

Francois