MOL Compiling

Francois Taiani mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:58:01 +0200

Hi Arch,

Sorry, I forgot about that particularity: It seems kernel images aren't
named "bzImage" under ppc (maybe the compression does not work in the
loader ? No idea.) Anyway, on my machine, images are called vmlinux. The
standard way is to append the version and the compile date to the file,
i.e. for instance vmlinux-2.4.18.avril.2002, and then have a symbolic
link ("man ln") from /vmlinux to the image in /boot/ that you use.

Hope it helps

Francois