OSX boot issues

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:00:37 +0200

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:35:27AM -0700, Bill Mueller wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Like most, I jumped right into trying the new OSX stuff in the new release
> (0.9.65).  And ran into a little problem.
>
> I start MOL and it finds the kernel.  It starts booting ( I get the swirling
> CD-like icon) then it gives me a panic message and hangs.  I attached it
> below
>
> ***** start ***********
> panic(cpu 0): Unable to find driver for this platform: "AAPL,MOL".
> version string : Darwin Kernel Bersion 1.3.3:
> Fri May 4 13:46:54 PDT 2001; root:xnu/xnu-124.8.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC
> panic: We are hanging here...
> ********end*************

Hmm... The MOL drivers do not load. This situation could occur if

	- the mol drivers are missing (/usr/share/mol/0.9.65/pci_roms/mods.mkext)
	- the mol drivers fail to link with the mach kernel
	- there is a 'drivers' line in the molrc.osx file.

Are you using the prebuilt RPM or have you built MOL from the BK tree? In
the later case, the 'make libimport' step might have failed to download
the mods.mkext file (I have uploaded it to the rsync master but it
takes some time before it propagates to the other servers).

Which version of MacOS X are you using? I haven't really tested old versions
of 10.1. I'm currently running 10.1.5 and 10.2.

Finally, you could try 'startmol --osx --config=v'. This will start OS X
in text mode (there might be additional error messages).

Cheers,

/Samuel