OSX boot issues

Bill Mueller mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:05:22 -0700

Hello again.. I tried your suggestions and am still hanging.  Below is the
status after each attempt

> - the mol drivers are missing (/usr/share/mol/0.9.65/pci_roms/mods.mkext)
they were not missing, just under /usr/local/share/...  I added a sym link
in /usr/share, but the error still occured.

> - the mol drivers fail to link with the mach kernel
not sure how to fix this

> - there is a 'drivers' line in the molrc.osx file.
nope, only stuff in there is RAM size, other molrc files, altivec, and
blkdev.

> Are you using the prebuilt RPM or have you built MOL from the BK tree?
Compiled it straight from the tgz src linked on the website.

> Which version of MacOS X are you using? I haven't really tested old
versions
> of 10.1. I'm currently running 10.1.5 and 10.2.
I will check, and write back.

> Finally, you could try 'startmol --osx --config=v'. This will start OS X
> in text mode (there might be additional error messages).
Yes there were additional error messages, but I can't seem to dump data from
the new console into a file.  Below is the last section that I can get off
the screen:

*********start*************
kld(): Undefined symbols:
_copyChildEntry_C15IORegistryEntryPC15IORegistryPlane
_copyParentEntry_C15IORegistryEntryPC15IORegistryPlane
_copyProperty_C15IORegistryEntryPC80SStringPC15IORegistryPlaneul
load_kmod(): kld_load_from_memory() failed for kmod "se.ibrium.iokit.MolPE".
load_kernel_extension(): load_kmod() failed for kmod
"se.ibrium.iokit.MolPE".
IOCatalogue: se.ibrium.iokit.MolPE cannot be loaded.
panic(cpu 0): Unable to fin driver for this platform: "AAPL,MOL"

The rest looks just like the output I posted before...

Also, each time I try the debugger, it tells me the terminal is too narrow.
I'd sure like to give some better info.

Thanks for the help

-Bill