MOL on Virtual PC Linux or PowerPC Linux?

Greg Alexander mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:09:05 -0500

Definitely PowerPC linux.  VirtualPC linux would be emulating an x86,
so MOL would not work.

So, you have to boot into PPC linux and then run MOL on top of that.
(at least until samuel gets MOL working under Darwin).

Once you have PPC linux installed, you can dual boot between linux
and MacOS X, but you can't run both at the same time (unless you
run MacOS X under MOL).

The flavor of PPC linux you use really doesn't matter.  I'm not the
best one to try and suggest a good choice for a beginner.

As far as the modem support goes, I'm not sure if MOL supports
pass-thru of serial data, but adding it shouldn't be TOO hard.
Getting that serial data to the modem, however, will require that
the modem is supported under linux, which I'm not sure of for the
G4 powerbook.

GREG