Help installing mac os 9

Jamie Maynard mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:58:53 +0200

on 15/9/02 7:12 pm, Chris Hoover at revooh_c@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I'ved looked at the archives but have not seen how to do this.  I have
> linux installed as the only OS on my blueberry ibook.  I have replaced
> that harddrive with a 40 gig drive and upped the memory to 544 Megs.  I
> have left 5gigs+ unpartitioned for using mol.  The problem I have is
> that when I launch mol and have it boot off of the cd, I don't see any
> drives to install the mac os on.  Can someone please tell me how to do
> a clean install of mac os 9 using mol.
>
> thanks,
>
> chris
>

>From what I have read on here over the last few months I have come to the
conclusion that there is something strange with Apples installers which
means you can't install anything while running.  I am also under the
impression that this isn't recommended.  Your best bet to install Mac OS 9
would be to boot from the CD and install Mac OS 9 that way and then
configure MoL under Linux.

It is important to note that you will need your original Linux Install CD
for reinstalling yaboot so you can boot back in to Linux.  You might also
want to think about the possibility of running Mac OS X now that Samuel has
got it working ;)

Jamie