yaboot/OF and mol issues?

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:58:05 +0200

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 09:54:21PM -0500, Zane Edwards wrote:
> I am noticing something that I am loosing my boot setup when rebooting
> after working in osx (on linux), that just started since using the
> 0.9.65 release.
>
> Most of the times, the process goes like so:
> I try "startmol --osx" booting in os x (on linux) and it hangs at "ABlk
> enging error"
This error has been fixed in the BitKeeper version of MOL.
(Btw. posix semaphores seems still to be slightly broken on ppc.)

> then i run startmol and boot into os 9 then shut down and
> try --osx again and it works fine. Then, when I reboot my computer, I am
> booted into os 9 without the yaboot prompt Has anyone else had this
> issue?

It sounds like your bootstrap partition got mounted and deblessed
by either MacOS or MacOS X. In the MacOS case, MOL tries to detect
bootstrap partitions and prevent mounting them r/w.

In the MacOS X case, there is no such check yet. Make sure the
bootstrap partition is not specified in /etc/mol/molrc.osx.

> Is the OF getting reset somewhere?

Nope. MOL has no way to affect OF.

Cheers,

/Samuel