modeline for fullscreen mol with new tibook

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:28:49 +0200

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:11:38AM +0200, Vincent Beffara wrote:

> > How can I add a modeline (the one proposed by molvconfig) for the new
> > titanium screen "1280x854" ?
> > Has someone a working modeline?
>
> Well if you run fbset it should answer something like
>
> mode "1280x854-60"
>     # D: 79.821 MHz, H: 51.967 kHz, V: 60.008 Hz
>     geometry 1280 854 1280 854 32
>     timings 12528 128 16 8 1 112 3
>     rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
> endmode
>
> You can append this to the file
>
> /usr/share/mol/vmodes/titanium.modes
>
> (a least that's where the file is on my box, using the official debian
> package), then run molvconfig again and answer [Y] to the corresponding
> question.
>
> PM: could this be added to titanium.modes upstream ?

Consider it done. If someone has other useful modes, please send
them to me. Some modes that I guess might be useful are

	- a mode for the newest ibook
	- 640x480 for the ibook (don't now if Linux support this but)
	- modes for Apple's flat panels

Cheers,

/Samuel