Problem running MOL on benh 2.4.20

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:06:24 +0200

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 12:31:40PM +1000, Charles R. Twardy wrote:
> I got yesterday's benh kernel and compiled it. I got the latest .tgz MOL
> distribution and compiled it.
>
> "startmol --test" works fine.
>
> When I try "startmol" a window pops up and then closes, and the console
> log says there was a segfault.

Sounds like you have been bitten by the HFS loader bug. It shouldn't
affect mol running OS X though (startmol --osx).

> Any ideas? I have an ibook2 running Debian (with benh kernel), and OSX
> installed on the other partition(s).

If you whish to run MacOS 9, you will have to copy the MacOS ROM
file from the System Folder to your linux partition and specify the
path in /etc/mol/molrc.macos. (I have posted a few times about
this earlier this month; if you need more info, you may want
to take a look at the mailinglist archive)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce this bug locally.
>From the backtrace I can tell that the segfault occurs due
to a missing error check. The real problem is that a block
expected to contain extent data does not...

Cheers,

/Samuel