Networking problems, MOL + MacOS X 10.1.2

Simon Urbanek mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:19:47 +0200

Mark Guertin wrote:

> On Sunday 13 April 2003 10:28 am, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> > (I'm using "netdev: eth0 -sheep" and the supplied OS 10.1 MOL
> > extensions/drivers)
> > When running Mac OS X the network doesn't quite work. Ping is ok, but
> > TCP is not, as you can see in the tcpdump from an attempt to establish a
> > ssh connection:
>
> Tru using hte tun drivers... the sheep drivers are old and I dare say should
> be going away soon ;)  tun drivers + dhcp work great here.

Thanks for you prompt reply.
Well, the tun drivers don't work at all - that is they load etc. but I can't
ping anywhere (all necessary modules are loaded, that's not the point...). I
have plenty free IPs, so I actually like the sheep approach. Besides, the "Bad
ifragsize" error appears with the tun drivers as well, so I don't think "sheep"
are to blame ;).

Best,
Simon