[newbie] Booting ok, but can't make it -rw..

Jan mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:52:10 +0200

Hi,

i got a few newbie problems here:

1. I can't get MOL to start with the partition as"rw".. To make MOL i
had to change molrc.macos this way:

> blkdev:   /dev/hda13   -boot

if i write:

> blkdev:   /dev/hda13   -rw

Mol won't boot.. . Now how can i combine those two flags? i tried all
variations i could think of, but either MOL wouldn't start, or it would,
but mount the partition only "ro". Could someone help me with the
correct syntax? (Working as root seems to have no influence)

2. console video: When i change  to

> enable_console_video:  yes

again MOL won't start, this time "at all".. i see by the animation it
tries to, fairly long, but then quits without further notice. What could
be the problem?

3. 'molvconfig' utility: Where can i find it? Does it come with the
normal install? I did a search on it, but it returned nothing.. ?!?

My OS/hardwarespecs:
mdk9.1 on a Powerbook Pismo (FW), 576MB RAM/400Mhz

any hint/help highly appreciated..
Jan