HOWTO: Debian BenH

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
01 Aug 2003 11:24:50 +0200

Hi,

ctwardy@mail.csse.monash.edu.au writes:

> Yes, I'm sure that the config files don't appear in /etc/mol during=20
> install. [...]
>=20
> amelia:/usr/src# dpkg -c mol-modules-2.4.21-ben2_0.9.69+10.00.Custom_powe=
rpc.deb

You are looking at the wrong package.  The configuration files are in
mol, not in mol-modules-<your kernel version>.

> I also notice that nothing has yet appeared in /dev/net,

Are you looking for the tun device node?  It is only created when mol
starts (either by the modload script or by loading the tun module).
If you are using devfs, the device node will be destroyed again when
the modules unloads.

> probably explaining my networking difficulties.

What networking difficulties?

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!