HOWTO: Debian BenH

Charles Twardy mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:15:08 +1000

Hi Jens etc.,

Nevertheless, I am quite sure that the configuration files DO NOT get
installed in /etc/mol when using apt-get. I've done it many times now.

I admit that they show up in the package list (dpkg -c), but while
/etc/mol gets created, NOTHING gets put in there. Nada, zip, zilch,
ZERO.

> Are you looking for the tun device node?  It is only created when mol
> starts (either by the modload script or by loading the tun module).

My log indicates that this is not working.

	Creating the /dev/net/tun device node.
	               .
	               .
	               .
	Failed to open /dev/net/tun: No such device
	Failed to initialize the tun-<tun0> device

And in osx, my "en2" adapter is grayed out and unavailable.

The log also shows something else weird. Although it reports:
	  No mol-0.9.69 kernel modules corresponding to the running
	  2.4.21-ben2 kernel were found ('startmol --list' displays
it starts, and 'startmol --list' show:
	  Running kernel:         2.4.21-ben2
	  Available modules:
	    2.4.21-ben2/misc      in /lib

-Charles

--
Charles R. Twardy               Monash University, School of CSSE
ctwardy at alumni indiana edu   +61(3) 9905 5823 (w)  5146 (fax)