Starting OSX single-user

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:29:51 +0200

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:08:58PM +0100, Brian Ruth wrote:
> In message <20030801113844.GA1513@ibrium.se> you wrote:
>

> > startmol --config=s -X
> >
> > will do boot OSX into single user mode. MOL does not care about
> > keys pressed at boot.
>
> Thanks, Samuel - situation now recovered!
>
> I'm networking OSX via the tun device - the sheep device (which I prefer
> for OS9) doesn't seem to work with OSX. However, it looks like NIS/ypbind
> breaks when used with tun - configuring NIS results in OSX waiting forever
> at boot time with 'Waiting for Network Information Service' in the console
> window...

Well, this might be a NAT-related problem. In any case, I have actually
fixed the sheep driver quite recently.

I'm planning to make a release within a few days (I have finally got
CD-burners etc. working in classic MacOS) so you can either wait
or build from the developer tree if you want to use the sheep driver.

/Samuel