Network settings in MOL ? ?

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:25:29 +0200

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:01:29PM +0100, Titanium Suite Admin wrote:
> Thanks Samuel,
> 	I was at that stage last night but when I ran the MOL drivers that
> appear on the booted Mac OS X desktop,
> the screen froze and when I rebooted MOL OS X I got a grey and black
> screen.
> I re-installed my YellowDog and OS X from backups this morning, now I'm
> very dubious of re-installing the package!
> should I try installing the MolPackage.pkg? any suggestions on why I
> got the fuzzy screen last time??

Well... if you got a freeze while installing this package, then the extension
mkext chache file might be invalid which means you might have to do a safe-boot
of MacOS to recover from this (I think pressing shift while booting OSX
without MOL puts OSX into safe mode). The /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
file should be deleted (it will be rebuilt automatically).

But MOL should not crash... was it only OSX that froze, or did Linux
freeze too?

/Samuel