Networking Problem

Titanium Suite Admin mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:06:47 +0100

--Apple-Mail-2-274429097
	delsp=yes;
	charset=ISO-2022-JP;
	format=flowed

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:14 PM, Tong Si-wai wrote:

> Titanium Suite Admin and others,
>
> Do you mean in OS X networking, I should input
> 10.130.64.X (which is the same network class of my
> home network - and also the same network class of my
> YellowDog linux?) ?
sorry dude, sent you the wrong info, when I checked in /etc/MOL again
today
my molrc.net reads

-------
# Tun Driver (recommended for TCP/IP)
-------
#
#       A virtual network is created. The linux interface (e.g. tun0) is
#       configured from the /etc/mol/tunconfig script which is
#       invoked when MOL starts.
#
                 netdev:         tun0 -tun
#

when I startmol -X OS X boots up, then open Network Prefs in the booted
OS X drive and setup a new location NewLocation (same settings as your
old ones)
Configure using DHCP (gives you an ip automatically)

I'm sure I had set my own ip manually the other day and it worked but
now using DHCP seems to work!

> On the other hand, by default, I found that when I
> type /sbin/ifconfig in YD Linux, tun0 shown up as
> 192.168.1.1 when MOL starts (I think it is because of
> the setting in tunconfig and dhcpd-mol.conf), is it
> correct?
when I type /sbin/ifconfig I get much the same, but don't know anything
about dhcp-mol.conf never even touched it! (I'm more of an
apple-mac-boy and don't have only been using MOL + YellowDog for about
a week)

> On the other hand, I got two more problem,
> 1. Before I commented the sheep line, I run MOL once
> and it seems that ping ok from OS X but IE not allowed
> to surf the web. However, after I commented the sheep
> line in molrc.net, I got one more network device ne2
> and now everything I run MOL, I can only change ne2
> setting with ne1 ghosted.
you lost me there??

> 2. I got the follow warnings when I run the MOL (which
> I don't think I appeared before)
>
> Starting MOL session 1
>    /usr/lib/mol/0.9.68/modules/2.4.20-8d/mol.o
> Warning: loading
> /usr/lib/mol/0.9.68/modules/2.4.20-8d/mol.o will taint
> the kernel: forced load
>   See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for
> information about tainted modules
> Module mol loaded, with warnings
>    /usr/lib/mol/0.9.68/modules/2.4.20-8d/tun.o
> Warning: loading
> /usr/lib/mol/0.9.68/modules/2.4.20-8d/tun.o will taint
> the kernel: forced load
>   See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for
> information about tainted modules
> Module tun loaded, with warnings
> Unknown processor id (7000)
> Running in PowerPC G3 mode, 256 MB RAM
> Timebase: 24.83 MHz, Bus: 99.34 MHz, Clock: 800 MHz
> Using USB mouse on /dev/input/mice
>
> By the way, "Titanium Suite Admin", are you using
> Yellowdog3.0 and ibook??
I'm running YellowDog 3 on an old G3 Tower and accessing it via xDarwin
on my G4 TiBook
startmol -X via an xterm on the TiBook to Connect to the OS X drive on
the G3 Tower

hope this was of some help,
Regards,
	Ti (New to YellowDogLinux + MOL)

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Poor Felix

--Apple-Mail-2-274429097

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:14 PM, Tong Si-wai wrote:

<excerpt>

Titanium Suite Admin and others,

Do you mean in OS X networking, I should input

10.130.64.X (which is the same network class of my

home network - and also the same network class of my

YellowDog linux?) ?

</excerpt>sorry dude, sent you the wrong info, when I checked in
[...]

</excerpt>when I type /sbin/ifconfig I get much the same, but don't
know anything about dhcp-mol.conf never even touched it! (I'm more of
an apple-mac-boy and don't have only been using MOL + YellowDog for
about a week)

<excerpt>

On the other hand, I got two more problem,

1. Before I commented the sheep line, I run MOL once

and it seems that ping ok from OS X but IE not allowed

to surf the web. However, after I commented the sheep

line in molrc.net, I got one more network device ne2

and now everything I run MOL, I can only change ne2

setting with ne1 ghosted.

</excerpt>you lost me there??

<excerpt>2. I got the follow warnings when I run the MOL (which

[...]

</excerpt>I'm running YellowDog 3 on an old G3 Tower and accessing it
via xDarwin on my G4 TiBook

startmol -X via an xterm on the TiBook to Connect to the OS X drive on
the G3 Tower

hope this was of some help,

Regards,

	Ti (New to YellowDogLinux + MOL)