HOWTO: Debian BenH

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
09 Aug 2003 02:21:51 +0200

Dear Charles,

Charles Twardy <ctwardy@mail.csse.monash.edu.au> writes:

> It's CONFIG_TUN =3D m
>=20
> And `find /lib/mmodules -name tun.o' doesn't find anything.  So I
> did something wrong at some step, since tun.o isn't there. Which
> step?  I expect this comes back to being unfamiliar with make-kpkg
> as opposed to the 'old way'.

If I understand your howto and previous posts correctly, you built the
and installed the package kernel-image-2.4.21-ben2 using a file called
kernel-image-2.4.21-ben2_10.00.Custom_powerpc.deb.  Check with `dpkg
-c <filename>' whether the module got packaged into the file, and
check with `dpkg -L <package>' whether it got installed from the file
into the system.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!